First read this.
Now here are a few more things that make pie right for this project, my weekly adventure. I’m looking at this as a list-in-progress because I will surely discover more reasons to love pie as the year passes:
- You don’t need a lot of equipment to make a pie, but you could treat yourself (or some pie maker you love) to a whole host of pie-related goodies. If you wanted. Just saying. (Such as…)
- Pie makes the whole house smell good for hours and hours. What isn’t fabulous about having pie for dessert and then waking up the next morning to a house that still has a hint of pie scent in the air?
- Pie is not hard to give away. Who doesn’t say yes to pie?
- Pie inspires creativity. Have you seen Waitress? You could invent a hundred pies and just keep on going.
- Pie makes you feel connected to the past. It nurtures nostalgia.
- Ugly pies still taste good.
- Making a pie makes you slow down. It gives you time to disconnect and let your mind wander.
- A pie in the oven is reassuring and exciting all at once.
- It’s not easy to do, or at least, lots of folk believe that to be true. People will be a little amazed / inspired by you. You might feel like a baking goddess.
- There is a lot of scope for practice makes perfect in pie making: crust, flavour, consistency, creativity… Not likely to get bored making pies.